By completion of this course, you will have gained an understanding of the role and responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead role, and developed competence and confidence in carrying out this role.
Using a range of interactive learning methods, the course consists of four modules considering;
- Key areas of responsibility and the relevant legislation/practice guidance;
- The challenges in achieving a robust safeguarding structure and open culture where staff and children feel able to disclose concerns;
- Making appropriate safeguarding decisions;
- Best practice issues around recording and sharing information;
- The process once contact is made with social care and the role your school has in the multi-agency child protection process.