With recent external changes, few have been unscathed by the demand for flexibility and a lack of security. Understandably resulting in feelings of worry and anxiety for most parties. The way in which this is communicated may be perceived as difficult behaviour.
This course equips participants with the ability to assimilate difficult situations and respond with confidence and empathy using practical solutions. Whether they are working with students, parents, colleagues or supervisors this course offers participants the ability to create more effective communication and ultimately the best outcome for all.
Some of the things you will learn from the session;
- Strategies for handling difficult conversations effectively
- How to structure the opening of a difficult conversation more effectively
- Understand the problem and select appropriate level of approach to deal with it
- Identify and visualise the best possible outcome
- Strategies to prepare mentally and physically for the conversation
- Managing sensitive situations effectively
- How to think on your feet if the conversation takes an unexpected turn
- Remaining calm if the individual starts being offensive
- Know what to say when all else fails