People are our most valuable asset however they can also be our most challenging commodity.
Dealing with challenging staff can be time consuming especially when this creates work which you haven’t planned for, including grievance investigations, paperwork for mediation etc. In most cases, these challenges can be dealt with informally and this session will look at how to try to resolve issues with challenging staff informally, before moving on to a formal process. In addition, we will look at the benefits of using an automated system, such as SAMpeople, in which you will be able to track and record discussions in a quick and effective way.
This session will cover:
- Policies and where to start
- Resolving challenges informally
- Questioning and probing techniques to understand the employees position
- Managing expectations of the employee
- Case management in SAMpeople allowing for high level reporting